We’re growing our engineering team and seeking members who want to set the tone for what technology in the wholesale industry looks like. You’ll tackle complex problems and build the systems that support mom and pop businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our clients like Neiman Marcus, SAKS, Free People, Jonathan Adler and more rely on our products to grow their business and we are committed to building a fast and scalable product that they love. All while using best practices and the latest technologies. Our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills, work collaboratively and see their solutions make an immediate impact for brands and retailers.
Why work for us?
Who We Are:
JOOR (jooraccess.com) is the #1 digital wholesale marketplace connecting the world’s best brands and retailers, enabling them to engage in faster buying, selling and reporting. Founded in 2010, and backed by top-tier VC’s, JOOR’s industry-leading platform serves 2,000 brands, 175,000 retail locations, and processed over $6B in transactions in 2016. Yet JOOR is a lean organization, where you’ll have the opportunity to shape the team, impact the platform, and significantly contribute to disrupting the way the wholesale industry does business. JOOR aims to be one of the most inclusive and diverse tech companies led by our experienced CEO, Kristin Savilia.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the engineering team in a growing tech startup that has product market fit, proven customer success and is building into huge market potential
- Drive technical, architectural, and organizational decision-making
- Evolve JOOR engineering through best practices and methodology, continually assessing and upgrading our processes when appropriate
- Work closely with Product and other teams across the organization to define the platform roadmap, ensuring its successful implementation throughout the development life cycle
- Mentor and empower engineers to grow into tech leads or principal engineers, guiding them towards success
- Collaborate with the CTO, CPO and all members of the executive team to translate the business priorities of the company into technical agenda
- Hire and build an inclusive and diverse engineering team plus shape the engineering culture to ensure everyone is working on projects which engage and challenge them each day
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of progressive engineering leadership experience, managing multiple teams and/or locations
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience in our stack is a plus, we use:
- Python/Django in the backend with GraphQL
- Angular 4 in the frontend
- Docker used from development to production
- Code reviews and unit tests for all code
The Icing On The Cake:
- Attend Market Weeks across the globe to see the product in action
- Invitations to Fashion Week, sample sales, and discounts with our network of brands and retailers
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, Paris, Milan, London, and Australia
- Need a break? Generous “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, snack & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.