Who We Are:
JOOR (jooraccess.com) is the #1 digital wholesale marketplace connecting the world’s best brands and retailers, enabling them to engage in faster buying, selling and reporting. Founded in 2010, and backed by top-tier VC’s, JOOR’s industry-leading platform serves 2,000 brands, 175,000 retail locations, and processed over $6B in transactions in 2016. Yet JOOR is a lean organization, where you’ll have the opportunity to shape the team, impact the platform, and significantly contribute to disrupting the way the wholesale industry does business. JOOR aims to be one of the most inclusive and diverse tech companies led by our experienced CEO, Kristin Savilia.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to found our FP&A team. The right individual will be a go-getter who is excited by the opportunity to make a significant and immediate impact on our organization by developing accurate forecasts, reporting on business metrics and driving strategic decisions through modeling and analysis. This integral role will have exposure to all aspects of the business including B2B sales, strategy, R&D, and operational teams. Exciting opportunity for someone who wants to live what it means to build a well-funded business towards scale and wow.
What You'll Do:
- Act as an owner to the annual budgeting and quarterly outlook processes in order to ensure all departments and operations are executing to the financial plan.
- Complete ownership of financial planning & analysis via partnership with Assistant Controller on QC of actual results.
- Research, establish, monitor, report, and analyze pipeline conversion, forecasts, and KPIs.
- Work closely with other members of the management team to develop dashboards, determine core drivers and drive focus on key performance drivers.
- Scenario planning models that provide results on various “what if” scenarios
- Independently analyze complex data to identify relevant information, develop key takeaways, and make required recommendations
- Work closely with SVP Finance/CEO on ad hoc projects.
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials for the Board, periodic management speaking engagements, etc.
- Maintain a continuous knowledge base of JOOR’s evolving product, product roadmap plans and impact to accurately determining and managing forecast.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Finance or business-related is preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in finance, financial forecasting, planning and financial modeling. Investment banking experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Expert knowledge of core financial statements and inherent relationships
- Intellectual curiosity is a must. Candidates must thrive on solving problems that do not have clear solutions.
- Embraces the fluidity and forging new ground within an emerging/startup business that is exciting and sometimes frustrating.
- Demonstrated understanding of SaaS is a must
- Excellent Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.), presentation, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues in order to provide insight and metrics to drive the right business decisions
- High EQ. Ability to interact/influence all levels of the organization
What We Offer:
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, Paris, Milan, London, and Australia
- Need a break? Generous “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, snack & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.